We produce precipitated calcium carbonate (PCC) in various crystal modifications: calcite, aragonite and vaterite. In addition, the particle shape can be varied in a very large number of ways. The physical parameters for each of these crystal structures, e.g.
- particle size and grain size distribution.
- single particles or agglomerates of primary crystals
- specific surface area, pore volume, absorption capacity (oil absorption value).
can be modified to suit the application.
This allows light scattering properties, opacity, rheology and many other application-related properties to be optimized.
- a high degree of chemical purity,
- a high level of whiteness and opacity,
- exactly defined crystal structures,
- exceptional fineness and close particle size distribution
are called for, our PCC is the right choice. Its versatility is evident in its wide variety of applications.